Many problems can be dealt with better & more quickly by another Health Care Professional. The information below is designed to help you identify the right professional.
Pharmacy First is run by pharmacists and allows patients to access FREE advice and/or treatment for :
- minor ailments
- uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infection in women age 16-65, with no need for a GP appointment.
- Impetigo, a common skin infection affecting mostly younger children, can also be treated by pharmacy.
The pharmacist will ask about your symptoms in order to give the right advice.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms speak to your local community pharmacy team.
Urinary Tract Infection (females age 16-65)
- Burning or stinging sensation on passing urine
- Need to pass urine frequently
- Need to pass urine urgently
Patients with the following symptoms may be able to access the service:
- Minor skin infection on one area of the body
- Red sores that pop easily and leave a yellow crust
- Fluid-filled blisters
- Itchy Rash
Patients over 18 can get treatment from pharmacy
For patients over 18, treatment for celleulitis can be prescribed by pharmacy.
Pharmacy can also help with earache, dry and itchy eyes, piles, mouth ulcers and threadworm.
For more information-