The Practice run regular clinics in disease management and prevention. These Clinics are run by the Practice Nurses and the Doctors.
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services” – this is caring for anyone who has concerns regarding their health. We also provide the following “additional services” :
- Child health surveillance, together with the health visiting team
- Contraceptive services (please note that implant insertion and removal is no longer provided by the practice)
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period
- Cervical smears
We also hold contracts for the following “enhanced services”:
- Regular monitoring of patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems
- Annual reviews for patients with heart disease, diabetes, stroke/TIA, MS and asthma
- Substance misuse services
Routine appointments can be made with our Practice Nurses for any of the above clinics by calling us.
The practice nurses hold morning and afternoon clinics by appointment. They can help you with :
- Blood tests
- Blood pressure
- Health reviews
You may also be invited by letter to attend these clinics and others that may run.
CTAC (Community Treatment and Care)
A number of services traditionally done by practice nurses are now delivered by Health Care Professionals employed by the Health Board,
This service operates within KHCC and includes ear syringing, wound management, dressings and suture/clip removal. Some injections are included and patients would be advised by the Practice if they should attend this service. Patients should call the Treatment Room on 0141 304 7408 to book an appointment, stating the reason for the request.